There are many hikes on the island of Santorini in the Cyclades in Greece …
Walk between Oia and Fira, walk the paths from Kamari to Perissa and treat yourself to a visit to the volcano…
Incredible views await you.
More info on hiking in Santorini
If you want to hike on the island of Santorini, here are some ideas for circuits!
Choose and enjoy …
First, from Fira, you have different possibilities:
- Fira – Imerovigli: Duration = 45 minutes – Enjoy a sublime panorama and discover the cities of Fira, Firostefani and Imerovigli. For a cool walk, start with Imerovigli: this is the highest point, so you will descend …
- Or, for the bravest, Fira – Oia: Duration = 3:30 – This is the famous hike of the island: to do absolutely! See the dedicated page.
Then, from Megalochori, different circuits are possible:
- first towards Akrotiri: Duration = 4h30 minutes – Enjoy a stroll between 2 traditional villages …
- or towards Baths of Plaka: Duration = 2h45 minutes – Enjoy magnificent views of the caldera…
- also as far as Loutra: info
- and finally to Pyrgos: info
On the other hand, the village of Pyrgos is also the starting point for beautiful hikes:
- On the one hand, Pyrgos – Agiorgis-Episkopi: info
- On the other hand, the loop to Exo Gonia: info
- Then, to the Prophet Elias Monastery: Duration = 1 hour – Go to the highest point of the island for a breathtaking view!
- In addition, the circuit can be done to Prophet Elias Monastery then Ancient Thira: Duration = 3h
- Finally, Pyrgos – Vothonas: info
- Or Saint George « Katefyo » – Prophet Elias Monastery: Duration = 45 minutes.
In practice, many hiking circuits are waiting for you on the island of Santorini:
- Ancient Thira – Kamari Beach: Duration = 2h – See the dedicated page.
- Ancient Thira – Perissa: Duration = 1h45 – 2h – See the dedicated page.
- Emporio – Akrotiri: Duration = 3h30 minutes.
- Emborio – Pyrgos: info
- Faros – Akrotiri: info
- Finikia – Kouloumbos: info
- Imerovigli – Skaros: info
- Kamari – Perissa: See the dedicated page.
- Oia – Amoudi: info
- Palou – Akrotiri: info
There are many hikes on the island of Santorini …
Take a walk between Oia and Fira, before hitting the paths from Kamari to Perissa and finally, treat yourself to a visit to the volcano …
In short, hike: incredible views await you.